At Club House we believe a Cool Life is worth preparing for.
We believe every child is capable of amazing things provided they have the support they need to achieve.
“Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.” –Helen Keller
We’ve created a ‘Boot Camp’ style holiday program with creative FUN activities aimed to teach kids real life skills focusing on our core values:
Social Connection | Resilience | Independence
Our activities are tailored for ‘the tweens’ aged 8-13ys and also attract many eager 6 to 7-year old’s to our Junior Club.
When required we run two levels of activities so the Junior Club can get a taste of everything we offer.
There is a variety of activities on offer daily in ADDITION to feature activities, so there is always something for EVERYONE. We encourage the practise of imaginative play, a time to BE without ‘doing’ and the pleasure relaxed banter brings.
Our Philosophy and mission statement:
Club House Boot Camp Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) is based on the old fashion backyard ‘club house’ where friends gather, share ideas, give things a go, get dirty and laugh a lot. Club House offers a friendly, caring and safe environment where children can happily participate in a variety of fun, enjoyable experiences that are responsive to their needs and interests and contribute to their ongoing development. To achieve this goal, we constantly evaluate and improve our practice in accordance with the National Quality Standard that is currently being implemented throughout Australia. The program promotes the Philosophy and mission statement of Club House.
We believe every child is capable of amazing things, provided they are given the support to achieve. The mission of Club House is to provide each participant with a fun educational environment that
- promotes resilience and confidence through social connection and innovative fun
- builds on 21st century skills; Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Collaboration, Teamwork and Communication, creating a desire for lifelong learning
- expands personal potential and instils a ‘can-do’ attitude by learning practical life skills from community experts/professionals
- expands friendship and support network
Our program aims to provide our children with quality care that promotes learning and development with emphasis on play, social interaction and recreation.
- We recognise that parents are the first and continuing carers and educators of their children. We acknowledge the partnership of parents, staff and children in creating a community of learners with a desire and love of learning.
- We believe in the individuality of each child and family and encourage the development of warm and responsive relationships with staff and peers based on mutual respect.
- We believe that children need a strong sense of wellbeing for good physical health, positive sense of self and successful social functioning.
- We accept every child without bias or prejudice and promote an inclusive, non-judgmental atmosphere.
- We respect and value our indigenous heritage and make use of the diverse range of cultures and perspectives that exist within our communities to encourage learning that foster international mindedness.
- We value the knowledge and commitment of our Staff and provide ongoing professional learning based on the outcomes of the annual appraisal.
We believe the philosophy statement incorporates the core values and beliefs of the staff and families using our service. We acknowledge the philosophy may change based on new awareness and evaluation of current practices